Media fragmentation, changing consumer behavior, the rise of search and social, and the need to avoid commoditization is transforming the practice of Marketing & Communications. As a People & Culture (Human Resources) Manager at Quietly, you will run the People function and support our team that helps the world’s leading brands earn attention, instead of simply paying to interrupt.
Working in collaboration with the senior leadership team and people managers, the position of People & Culture (Human Resources) Manager reports to the COO and provides hands-on HR, recruiting and people support for our team of over 25 full time staff and network of contractors.
You’ll bring experience from a tech/creative company or marketing/PR agency where you have run the HR function and run, iterated on and helped build programs from the ground up such as continuous performance, OKR/goals management, total compensation, benefits, employee recognition and recruitment.
You’re fully versed on new HR trends and technology, and have a track record of utilizing data and analytics to inform your approach.
You are looking for the next big challenge, and like us, you have no small plans.
This is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive base salary, 3-weeks vacation, benefits package, gym access, and working from our converted two-storey apartment-office in the heart of historic Gastown. Until further notice, we will be temporarily collaborating remotely from home. If these values resonate, we’d love to hear from you.
About the company: Quietly is an award-winning, full-service content marketing agency, working across the entire lifecycle of content, from discovery and strategy to production and distribution. Quietly partners with category leaders such as Adobe, Dell Technologies, Goldman Sachs, Herschel, MEC, Sotheby’s International Realty, PwC, and Slack to understand how content drives their business, devising strategies and executing along the way. Quietly is data-driven to our core, developing technology in-house, as well as stand alone products like Insights.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive all recruitment activity including agency management, marketing/posting via social, phone screening, interviewing and moving candidates through our workflow while delivering an industry-leading experience
- Coach, guide and support people leaders on people practices such as performance, career development and employee relations
- Collaborate with our CEO and COO and to create and deliver other strategic HR initiatives including research & recommendation, ownership & participation and implementation & maintenance
- Be an active participant in our leadership team to set annual goals and be held accountable in achieving those HR goals
- Contribute and communicate updates at our quarterly Town Halls, Leadership team, weekly standup
- Chair and oversee the Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging (DIEB) internal committee meetings & work hand in hand with the committee and our with external consultants
- Administer, provide insights on and recommendations from our bi-annual team member survey and share findings with the teams
- Become the subject matter expert in and administrator of our HR tech stack including a goals management and professional development platform (Lattice), HRIS (Humi), ATS (Recruitee)
- Work with the senior leadership team to facilitate our annual compensation review cycle
- Work alongside our broker and COO to administer and improve on benefits policies and programs including renewals and utilization reporting
- Oversee all HR documentation including offer letters, employment/contract agreements and addendums including the management and organization of all HR data on Google Drive
- Update and maintain our Handbook and Policies
- Facilitate the onboarding and offboarding process from new hire orientation to exit interviews
- Support and coordinate the continuous performance program
- Work alongside our Operations Coordinator and oversee the setup and configuration Quietly HQ
- Oversee Quietly’s approach to health, safety, community and environment as we work towards our B Corp in 2021
- Maintain and build knowledge of trends and standard practices on the HR discipline to proactively examine and suggest improvements to culture, practices and policies
- Other duties as periodically required and requested